Flying Squirrel frame is designed around requirement to have drone platform for indoor HD video shooting. Motors/ props can be installed as regular or as inverted pushers just flip frame up side down.
Main specifications and features:
- 115 grams (without ducts)
- 200 x 240 mm overall dimensions
- one 20 and one 20/ 30.5 mm stacks
- up to 25 mm stacks height
- 3-inch props
- up to 1506 motors
- up to 4x M2 x 9-12 mm motor screws pattern
"Dead cat" frame layout delivers greater stability and allows to carry bigger batteries for longer fly times.
Frame body construction is made from two 2 mm plates that are jointed together on 25 mm standoffs. Main plates are designed as unibody in the way to deliver maximum protection during indoor use.
Frame is capable to carry on GoPro Hero and Session series, and as well RunCam Split Mini and Caddx Turtle cameras. Special 3d printer brackets are required for attachment of cams.
Bottom plate have two electronics stacks - one have 20 and 30.5 mm patterns, second is with 20 mm pattern, it is designed specially for positioning of RunCam Split and Caddx Turtle main plates.
Additional fan ducts will increase motor/ props performance, adds thrust and stability.
Price is for frame set without 3d printed ducts and other accessories.
- 1x top plate made from 2 mm Toray T700 0-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 1x bottom plate made from 2 mm Toray T700 0-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 1x set of assembling hardware
- 1x 3d printed PETG camera canopy
- 1x polyester battery strap with silicone layer
- 1x 1500 uF Rubycon low resistance capacitor
Here are 3d models of ducts and accessories:
- Propellers ducts
Important note: inner diameter of the duct is 76.70 mm, in some cases you need to file your props a little bit. To get maximum performance out of air ducts use, props should be as close as possible to the walls of the ducts.
- GoPro Hero 6, 7 cam pod
- GoPro Session pod