FIRE DRAGONFLY frame is something special with 2 options for mount battery on top plate. This is first FPV drone frame in the World that is designed for double straps in "toilet tank" battery position.
Main specifications and features:
- Squashed X type frame with 8 mm thick arms
- 215 mm MTM (5.2-inch props version)
- 125/ 130/ 135 grams weight including hardware (5.2/ 6.2/ 7-inch props version)
- Top/ Bottom battery mounting
- 20 mm height stack
- 30.5x30.5 and 20x20 main stack mounting options
- 20x20 secondary stack holes in the back of the frame
- additional middle plate for more rigidity and installation options
- 5.2/ 6.2/ 7.2 inch props
- up to 24xx motors
- up to 6s 2600mAh battery
- for Micro sized cams
- up to 75 deg. rotation angle of camera
CrissCrossFPV drone frames with Hybrid arms are result of constant design, testing and development in pursuit of excellence. FPV drones frames with Hybrid arms were created with "Durability First" idea, following rest of CrissCrossFPV's values - low drag, light weight, elaborate design and diversity of options.
If you ever wondered how bulletproof FPV drone frame should looks like, than here it is. Thick arms, strongest Carbon Fiber and solid construction makes FIRE DRAGONFLY one of the toughest FPV drone frames currently available on the market.
Hybrid arms combining best of the other types of drone arms - regular and vertical. They are easy to assemble and use as regular arms, in the same time they has minimal frontal area and low drag same as vertical arms. Additionally to all above mentioned properties Hybrid arms are extremely durable and strong, with ability to withstand high velocity impacts and are almost indestructible.
With top mounted battery drone CG is located on top of frame vertical center. It gives classic freestyle feel and response for gliding, looping and diving. You need little to no effort to hold pitch and altitude, without any small adjustments needed. It glides smooth and silky keeping precise and constant cinematographic lines.
Battery on top of the frame can be installed in parallel or in perpendicular, as "toilet tank" to frame length.
Camera mounting plates are positioned far to the front of the frame. That release a lot of free space on the top for positioning of big, fat 6S batteries. The battery can be double hooked for more confident hold.
All plates and arms have chamfered edge, they are nice to touch and safe for wires.
Top and bottom plates are mounted with countersunk screws. That makes surface flat and allows easy and unobstructed mounting of battery.
Camera holding plates are with holes for universal adjustable GoPro Session protection pod specially designed for use on most of CrissCross.Design FPV frames.
Top materials used only, see details below.
- 4x hybrid arms made from 8 mm Toray T700 0-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 1x top plate made from 2 mm Toray T700 0-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 1x bottom plate made from 2 mm Toray T700 0-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 1x middle plate made from 2 mm Toray T700 0-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 2x FPV camera mounting plate made from 2 mm Toray T700 0-45-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 1x set of assembling hardware
- 1x polyester battery strap with silicone layer
- 1x 1500 uF Rubycon low resistance capacitor
Recommended FPV drone building parts:
- 2306/ 2207 2450kV or higher motors
- any F3, F4, F7 FC's, including big All-in-One controllers
- any 4-in-1 ESC
- any Micro sized cameras
- TBS Unify Pro HV VTX
- TBS Corssfire, FR.Sky L9R Slim RX
- GoPro Hero series cam pod, two versions, centered and offset, for download click on picture:
- GoPro Session series cam pod, two versions, front or side cam insertion, for download click on picture:
- Arms and motors protection covers (right and left), for download click on picture: