SKY LOWRIDER is made for those who is looking for relaxed and flowing HD footage during long range sessions. Extremely low profile of the main body creates unique streamlined outer look. This frame is a pure gemstone for collection of drones.
As additional property of this frame is non appearing props in HD cam even at low angles (20 deg).
Main specifications and features:
- Squashed X type frame with 8 mm thick arms
- 261 mm MTM (6.2-inch props version)
- 140/ 150 weight including hardware (6.2/ 7.2 -inch props version)
- Regular or "Toilet tank" battery mounting
- 20 mm height stack
- 30.5x30.5 and 20x20 main stack mounting options
- 20x20 secondary stack holes in the back of the frame
- 30x30 half stack holes for VTX in the back of the frame
- 6.2/ 7.2 inch props
- up to 24xx motors
- up to 6s 2600mAh battery
- for Micro and Mini sized cams
- up to 45 deg. rotation angle of camera
Frame was designed with help of long range pilots. They wanted to get the frame that eliminates "props in view" issue, still being controlled through low angled camera. That delivers calm and gentle flying experience, with lower energy consumption due less thrust given to motors.
Main plate is made from 3 mm thick CF plate instead of 2 mm as done in Fire Dragonfly frame. Long body and location of arms are requiring more rigidity than regular bus type frame. Here on the main plate you will find place for main stack with 20 and 30.5 mm holes layout. As well in the back is arranged secondary 20x20 stack and 30.5 half stack, both can be used for fixation of VTX plate.
Because of only 10 mm is between top and main plates, FC and ESC should be placed separately. ESC should be installed below main plate between arms. Space is enough for easy installation of biggest all-in-one ESC's available on the market.
Battery power wires could go through large openings in top and main plates right to ESC's soldering pads, which is located on bottom "floor". Or more conventional wire routing can be used on the side of the frame.
Battery on top of the frame can be installed in parallel or in perpendicular, as "toilet tank" to frame length.
Camera mounting plates are positioned far to the front of the frame. That release a lot of free space on the top for positioning of big, fat 6S batteries. The battery can be double hooked for more confident hold.
All plates and arms have chamfered edge, they are nice to touch and safe for wires.
Top and bottom plates are mounted with countersunk screws. That makes surface flat and allows easy and unobstructed mounting of battery.
Camera holding plates are with holes for universal adjustable GoPro Session protection pod specially designed for use on most of CrissCross.Design FPV frames.
Top materials used only, see details below.
- 4x hybrid arms made from 8 mm Toray T700 0-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 1x top plate made from 2 mm Toray T700 0-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 1x bottom plate made from 2 mm Toray T700 0-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 1x middle plate made from 2 mm Toray T700 0-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 2x FPV camera mounting plate made from 2 mm Toray T700 0-45-90 Plain/ UD high gloss carbon sheet
- 1x set of assembling hardware
- 1x polyester battery strap with silicone layer
- 1x 1500 uF Rubycon low resistance capacitor
Recommended FPV drone building parts:
- 2306/ 2207 2450kV or higher motors
- any F3, F4, F7 FC's, including big All-in-One controllers
- any 4-in-1 ESC
- any Micro sized cameras
- TBS Unify Pro HV VTX
- TBS Corssfire, FR.Sky L9R Slim RX
- GoPro Hero series cam pod, two versions, centered and offset, for download click on picture:
- GoPro Session series cam pod, two versions, front or side cam insertion, for download click on picture:
- Arms and motors protection covers (right and left), for download click on picture: